Jump to Main Content
- Kongchum, Pawapol; Sandel, Eran; Lutzky, Sigal; Hallerman, Eric M.; Hulata, Gideon; David, Lior; Palti, Yniv
- Aquaculture 2011 v.315 no.3-4 pp. 417
- wild fish, etc ; Cyprinid herpesvirus 3; Cyprinus carpio; alleles; disease resistance; genotype; immune response; introgression; marker-assisted selection; probability; progeny; single nucleotide polymorphism; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Analysis of gene polymorphisms and disease association is essential for assessing putative candidate genes affecting susceptibility or resistance to disease. In this paper, we report the results of an association analysis between single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in common carp (Cyprinus carpio) innate immune response genes and resistance to cyprinid herpesvirus-3 (CyHV-3) infection. Twenty-t ...
- Rosauer, Daniel R.; Biga, Peggy R.; Lindell, Scott R.; Binkowski, Frederick P.; Shepherd, Brian S.; Palmquist, Debra E.; Simchick, Crystal A.; Goetz, Frederick W.
- Aquaculture 2011 v.317 no.1-4 pp. 58
- wild fish, etc ; Perca flavescens; arachidonic acid; coasts; disease resistance; fillets; genetic variation; germ cells; growth traits; hatching; inbreeding coefficient; lakes; microsatellite repeats; parentage; perch; phenotype; population genetics; progeny; protein content; proximate composition; rearing; rivers; tanks; water content; watersheds; Maryland; North Carolina; Wisconsin; Show all 28 Subjects
- ... Broodstocks of yellow perch (Perca flavescens) were initiated from fertilized gametes obtained from wild fish taken from the Perquimans River (North Carolina), Choptank River (Maryland), Lake Winnebago (Wisconsin) and Lac du Flambeau (Wisconsin). Populations at these sites were chosen based on the results of a prior population genetics study of perch populations from the upper Midwest and East Coa ...