Jump to Main Content
- Nielsen, Rasmus
- Aquaculture economics & management 2011 v.15 no.4 pp. 262-277
- freshwater aquaculture, etc ; environmental law; farm size; farmers; food animals; food processing; issues and policy; water purification; Denmark; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... Aquaculture is the fastest growing animal food processing sector in the world. Nevertheless, growth inside the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development has been stagnating, with few exceptions. The main reason is strict environmental regulations. This study investigates if green growth can be achieved by introducing new environmentally friendly water purification systems in Danish fr ...
- Irz, Xavier; Mckenzie, Victoria
- Aquaculture economics & management 2003 v.7 no.3-4 pp. 195-211
- freshwater aquaculture, etc ; aquaculture systems; brackish water; brackish water fish; extension education; fish farms; freshwater; ponds; production functions; production technology; profitability; shrimp; technological change; Philippines; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... We evaluate the profitability and technical efficiency of aquaculture in the Philippines. Farm‐level data are used to compare two production systems corresponding to the intensive monoculture of tilapia in freshwater ponds and the extensive polyculture of shrimps and fish in brackish water ponds. Both activities are very lucrative, with brackish water aquaculture achieving the higher level of prof ...