Jump to Main Content
- Saekhow, Suktianchai; Thongprajukaew, Karun; Phromkunthong, Wutiporn
- Aquaculture international 2019 v.27 no.3 pp. 891-903
- ornamental fish, etc ; RNA; actin; amylases; aquariums; body weight; carboxylic ester hydrolases; carcass composition; chymotrypsin; color; crude protein; diet; enzyme activity; feed conversion; glass; growth performance; lipids; males; muscles; myosin; pepsin; protein efficiency ratio; rearing; specific growth rate; trypsin; Show all 25 Subjects
- ... The effects of five aquarium backgrounds (transparent, white, red, blue, and black) on growth, feed utilization, digestive enzyme activities, skin coloration, muscle parameters, and carcass composition were investigated in solid red male Siamese fighting fish (Betta splendens). The fish (1.13 ± 0.01 g initial body weight) were distributed individually into glass aquaria (3.5 cm width × 8 cm length ...
- Dias, Joel Artur Rodrigues; Abe, Higo Andrade; Sousa, Natalino Costa; Silva, Raimundo Darley Figueredo; Cordeiro, Carlos Alberto Martins; Gomes, Grazielle Fernanda Evangelista; Ready, Jonathan Stuart; Mouriño, José Luiz Pedreira; Martins, Maurício Laterça; Carneiro, Paulo César Falanghe; Maria, Alexandre Nízio; Fujimoto, Rodrigo Yudi
- Aquaculture international 2019 v.27 no.2 pp. 463-474
- ornamental fish, etc ; Enterococcus faecium; Pterophyllum; bile salts; catalase; cell viability; dietary supplements; disease outbreaks; hemolysis; immunity; lactic acid bacteria; pH; pathogens; postlarvae; probiotics; sodium chloride; virulent strains; world markets; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... The production of ornamental fishes has been intensified to attend the global market. With this expansion, an increase in infections and infirmities has been observed, most of which are attributed to pathogenic bacteria. Dietary supplements to improve growth and immunity of these animals have been introduced as a safe way to control and prevent disease outbreaks. This study therefore aims to isola ...