Jump to Main Content
- Ghosh, S.; Manna, S.; Sahu, N. C.; Dutta, A.; Goswami, R.
- Aquaculture international 2017 v.25 no.5 pp. 1935-1957
- Macrobrachium rosenbergii; business enterprises; coasts; disease control; farmers; financial institutions; fisheries; focus groups; income; interviews; labor; poisoning; ponds; questionnaires; resource management; shrimp; shrimp culture; socioeconomics; surveys; India
- ... Farming of giant freshwater prawn Macrobrachium rosenbergii, popularly known as ‘scampi,’ has recently been expanding in India. The present study was conducted using questionnaire survey, Participatory Rural Appraisal (PRA), key informant interviews, and focus group discussion and to assess the present state of production of giant river prawn (M. rosenbergii) in South 24 Parganas District of West ...
- Lara, Gabriele; Honda, Marcelo; Poersch, Luís; Wasielesky, Wilson, Jr.
- Aquaculture international 2017 v.25 no.5 pp. 1959-1970
- Litopenaeus vannamei; biofilm; biofloc technology; cost effectiveness; food conversion; juveniles; mortality; operating costs; shrimp; shrimp culture; tanks
- ... This study evaluated the use of biofilm in a Litopenaeus vannamei biofloc system using different feeding rates. Shrimp juveniles (0.89 ± 0.35 g) were stocked at 300 shrimp m⁻³ in 24,150-L tanks. The feeding rates were calculated by considering an expected weekly growth of 1 g week⁻¹ and an estimated weekly mortality of 0.5%. Each treatment corresponded to a different feeding rate, and each feeding ...