Jump to Main Content
- Loh, Jiun Yan; Ting, Adeline Su Yien
- Aquaculture international 2016 v.24 no.5 pp. 1341-1351
- Artemia franciscana, etc ; Lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis; beta-glucosidase; bioencapsulation; carboxylic ester hydrolases; digestive enzymes; endo-1,4-beta-glucanase; enzyme activity; fish; larvae; live feeds; probiotics; proteinases; shrimp; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... In the present study, cellulase, protease, lipase and amylase activities were performed to investigate the effects of Lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis CF4MRS bioencapsulation of Artemia franciscana. Our results show that cellulase activities (total cellulase—FPase activity, exoglucanase and endoglucanase—CMCase activity) were significantly higher (P < 0.05) in A. franciscana tissue homogenates com ...
- El-Magsodi, Mohamed Omar; Baruah, Kartik; Norouzitallab, Parisa; Bossier, Peter; Sorgeloos, Patrick; Van Stappen, Gilbert
- Aquaculture international 2016 v.24 no.2 pp. 429-439
- Artemia franciscana, etc ; Vibrio campbellii; biotic factors; environmental factors; fish feeds; heat tolerance; industry; live feeds; nauplii; ponds; shellfish; stress response; Great Salt Lake; Utah; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... The brine shrimp Artemia franciscana is an important live feed for fish and shellfish larviculture. Cysts of Artemia are naturally found in a wide variety of harsh environments worldwide where they are exposed to different changing environmental conditions. Artemia cysts are also exposed to different hydration/dehydration (H/D) conditions during the post-harvest processing period in the Artemia pr ...