Jump to Main Content
- Alam, Md. Ferdous; Khan, Md. Akhtaruzzaman; Huq, A. S. M. Anwarul
- Aquaculture international 2012 v.20 no.4 pp. 619-634
- fish production, etc ; color; education; farmed fish; farmers; fish culture; fisheries; income; ponds; prices; production functions; production technology; rural areas; Bangladesh; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Genetically improved farmed tilapia is increasingly getting popular in Bangladesh. It has high production potential. Its dominant production technology ranges from extensive to improved extensive particularly in the rural areas. This study estimates levels and determinants of farm-level technical efficiency of tilapia farmers of Bangladesh using stochastic frontier production function involving a ...
- Jana, B. B.; Bag, Sujoy Kumar; Rana, Sukanta
- Aquaculture international 2012 v.20 no.4 pp. 735-749
- fish production, etc ; animal growth; carp; cattle manure; fertilizers; fingerlings; fish culture; freshwater; freshwater fish; humans; nitrates; phosphates; phytoplankton; primary productivity; shrimp; shrimp culture; tanks; urine; water quality; yields; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Advanced fry of Indian carps and post-larvae of freshwater prawn were reared for 120 days in 18 small holding tanks using each treatment in triplicate as: (a) non-aerated and (b) aerated fresh human urine (0.01%), (c) cow manure (1.8 kg tank−1), mixed treatment with cow manure and human urine under (d) iso-phosphorus and (e) iso-nitrogenous conditions and (f) control. Examination of water quality, ...