Jump to Main Content
- Saekhow, Suktianchai; Thongprajukaew, Karun; Phromkunthong, Wutiporn
- Aquaculture international 2019 v.27 no.3 pp. 891-903
- ornamental fish, etc ; RNA; actin; amylases; aquariums; body weight; carboxylic ester hydrolases; carcass composition; chymotrypsin; color; crude protein; diet; enzyme activity; feed conversion; glass; growth performance; lipids; males; muscles; myosin; pepsin; protein efficiency ratio; rearing; specific growth rate; trypsin; Show all 25 Subjects
- ... The effects of five aquarium backgrounds (transparent, white, red, blue, and black) on growth, feed utilization, digestive enzyme activities, skin coloration, muscle parameters, and carcass composition were investigated in solid red male Siamese fighting fish (Betta splendens). The fish (1.13 ± 0.01 g initial body weight) were distributed individually into glass aquaria (3.5 cm width × 8 cm length ...
- Liu, Jinhui; Zhang, Yongqin; Gui, Saiyu; Liu, Wenbin; Xiao, Jun; Xiao, Yamei
- Aquaculture international 2016 v.24 no.4 pp. 1191-1199
- ornamental fish, etc ; Carassius; adults; adverse effects; color; hybrids; inheritance (genetics); koi; melanocytes; models; parents; progeny; regression analysis; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Body colour and pattern are the important characteristics for ornamental fish. Owing to the complexity of colour heredity in fish, this study attempts to reveal the rule of red and black body colour formation in crucian carp, carp and their hybrids by observation and statistical analysis. It is found that melanocytes occur during the stage of embryo or larva in the skin of red crucian carp, and th ...