Jump to Main Content
- Rajagopalan Girijakumari, Nisha; Ethiraja, Kannapiran; Narayanasamy Marimuthu, Prabhu
- Aquaculture international 2018 v.26 no.4 pp. 959-980
- ornamental fish, etc ; Enterobacter cloacae; Maylandia; Plesiomonas shigelloides; antibacterial properties; bacteria; fish culture; freshwater; growth performance; in vitro studies; in vivo studies; intestines; leukocyte count; metabolites; nitrites; oligosaccharides; pH; pathogens; prebiotics; probiotics; respiratory burst; toxicity; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... In this study, Enterobacter cloacae bacterium was isolated from curd and its antibacterial potential against the pathogen Plesiomonas shigelloides was evaluated using the freshwater ornamental fish Kenyi cichlid (Maylandia lombardoi). Among the bacterial isolates, E. cloacae exhibited tolerance to acidic pH 2 and demonstrated the highest antibacterial activity against P. shigelloides in various in ...
- Chambel, João; Costa, Ricardo; Gomes, Mónica; Mendes, Susana; Baptista, Teresa; Pedrosa, Rui
- Aquaculture international 2014 v.22 no.6 pp. 1743-1751
- ornamental fish, etc ; Danio rerio; disinfection; eggs; freshwater; hatching; hydrogen peroxide; iodine; margin of safety; methylene blue; models; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of hydrogen peroxide, iodine solution (PVP) and methylene blue on eggs disinfection of three ornamental fish species, Danio rerio, Pterophyllum scalare and Gymnocorymbus ternetzi. The main idea was to create conditions to enhance the hatching rates. Eggs of each species were exposed to different concentrations of hydrogen peroxide (5, 10, 15 and 25 ...