Jump to Main Content
- JOSE, S.; MOHAN, M.V.; SHYAMA, S.; RAMACHANDRAN NAIR, K.G.; MATHEW, P.T.
- Aquaculture nutrition 2006 v.12 no.4 pp. 275-279
- Cirrhinus cirrhosus; carp; fish culture; fish feeding; experimental diets; soybean meal; dietary protein; feed composition; amino acid composition; feed conversion; animal growth; liveweight gain; mortality; body composition; muscles
- ... The effect of varying dietary levels of defatted soybean meal on the growth and survival of mrigal, Cirrhinus mrigala (Hamilton) was investigated. In a feeding trial of 90 days, three experimental diets containing soybean meal at 200, 300 and 400 g kg⁻¹ level of incorporation were fed to quadruplicate groups of 10 fish each. The conventional feed used in India, consisting of a mixture of groundnut ...
- OLSEN, R.E.; SUONTAMA, J.; LANGMYHR, E.; MUNDHEIM, H.; RINGØ, E.; MELLE, W.; MALDE, M.K.; HEMRE, G.-I.
- Aquaculture nutrition 2006 v.12 no.4 pp. 280-290
- Salmo salar; salmon; fish culture; fish feeding; Euphausia superba; krill; fish meal; experimental diets; amino acid composition; fatty acid composition; feed composition; protein content; feed conversion; digestibility; chitin; animal growth; liveweight gain
- ... A total of six isoprotein and isolipid diets for Atlantic salmon, Salmo salar L., were prepared substituting from 0 to 100% of fish meal protein (0-68% of diet by dry weight) with meal from Antarctic krill (Euphausia superba). The feed produced from high inclusion levels of krill meal had lower ability to absorb lipid during vacuum coating than fish meal. Both amino acid and fatty acid composition ...