Jump to Main Content
- JOSE, S.; MOHAN, M.V.; SHYAMA, S.; RAMACHANDRAN NAIR, K.G.; MATHEW, P.T.
- Aquaculture nutrition 2006 v.12 no.4 pp. 275-279
- Cirrhinus cirrhosus; carp; fish culture; fish feeding; experimental diets; soybean meal; dietary protein; feed composition; amino acid composition; feed conversion; animal growth; liveweight gain; mortality; body composition; muscles
- ... The effect of varying dietary levels of defatted soybean meal on the growth and survival of mrigal, Cirrhinus mrigala (Hamilton) was investigated. In a feeding trial of 90 days, three experimental diets containing soybean meal at 200, 300 and 400 g kg⁻¹ level of incorporation were fed to quadruplicate groups of 10 fish each. The conventional feed used in India, consisting of a mixture of groundnut ...
- ADEWUMI, A.A.
- Aquaculture nutrition 2006 v.12 no.4 pp. 267-274
- fish culture; sexual maturity; feed composition; animal growth; fish eggs; soybean meal; experimental diets; fecundity; soybeans; gonads; liveweight gain; feed formulation; catfish; heat treatment; egg hatchability; fish feeding
- ... An investigation was carried out to assess the growth and gonadal maturation of Clarias gariepinus (Burchell) fed differently heated soybean diets in concrete tanks. Four hundred and eighty male and female C. gariepinus (182 ± 10 g for females and 208 ± 5 g for males) were randomly distributed in groups into hapa nets. Iso-nitrogenous (310 g kg⁻¹ crude protein) and iso-caloric diets (355 Kcal kg⁻¹ ...