Jump to Main Content
- Bell, N.A.; Jeffrey, S.; MacIsaac, J.L.; Colombo, S.M.
- Aquaculture reports 2019 pp. 100187
- Carassius auratus; body composition; carotenoids; condition factor; experimental diets; feed conversion; feed intake; fish feeds; goldfish; growth performance; lobsters; pigmentation; specific growth rate; weight gain
- ... This study evaluated lobster meal (LM) as a source of carotenoids and protein in diets for the Common Goldfish (Carassius auratus). Fish were fed four experimental diets which included up to 15% LM. After 8 weeks, there were no significant differences among treatments in terms of weight gain, condition factor, specific growth rate (SGR), feed intake, and feed conversion ratio (FCR). Lobster meal i ...
- Bai, Zhuoan; Ren, Tongjun; Han, Yuzhe; Hu, Yanan; Schohel Rana, Md; Jiang, Zhiqiang
- Aquaculture reports 2019 pp. 100180
- Danio rerio; alkaline phosphatase; bioaccumulation; body weight changes; diet; dose response; enzyme activity; fish; glutathione peroxidase; growth performance; health status; hydrogen peroxide; immunity; muscles; oxidative stress; proximate composition; selenium; specific growth rate; superoxide dismutase
- ... A four-weeks feeding trial was conducted to evaluate the effects of dietary Bio-fermented selenium (Bio-Se) on zebrafish (Danio rerio). Effects of three Se diets containing basal diet (1.63 mg Se/kg), L-Se diet (3 mg Se/kg), and H-Se diet (10 mg Se/kg) on growth performance, nonspecific immune enzyme activities, proximate composition, and selenium accumulation of zebrafish were tested. The results ...