Jump to Main Content
- Nikolakakis, Spyridon; Dierckens, Kristof; Bossier, Peter; Adriaens, Dominique
- Aquaculture research 2018 v.49 no.7 pp. 2536-2552
- hatching, etc ; Dicentrarchus labrax; disinfection; eggs; glutaraldehyde; hatcheries; iodine; larvae; ontogeny; phenotype; protocols; rearing; yolk sac; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... In the present study, the hypothesis that the difference in axenic conditions in the incubation and rearing environment of European seabass larvae induces size and shape effects on the specimens is tested. This difference is studied between xenic and axenic seabass larvae of DAH (day after hatching) 0, 5, 11 and 15. The axenic rearing protocol involves an egg disinfection with glutaraldehyde after ...
- Gao, Xiao‐Qiang; Liu, Zhi‐Feng; Guan, Chang‐Tao; Huang, Bin; Liu, Bao‐Liang; Jia, Yu‐Dong; Guo, Zheng‐Long; Wang, Yao‐Hui; Xue, Guo‐Ping; Hong, Lei
- Aquaculture research 2018 v.49 no.7 pp. 2376-2392
- hatching, etc ; Alosa sapidissima; bone formation; fins; fish; larvae; ontogeny; rearing; skeletal development; spine (bones); Show all 10 Subjects
- ... The present study describes the skeletal development and the occurrence of deformities in American shad, Alosa sapidissima, larvae from hatching to 45 days after hatching (DAH). The ontogeny of the vertebral column started at 16 DAH (days after hatching), with the formation of the posterior neural and haemal arches, and was complete at 28 DAH. In comparison, the vertebral centra started to form at ...