Jump to Main Content
- Venkat, H.K.; Sahu, N.P.; Jain, K.K.
- Aquaculture research 2004 v.35 no.5 pp. 501-507
- chemical composition; intestinal microorganisms; feed composition; Macrobrachium rosenbergii; animal growth; water quality; Artemia; freshwater aquaculture; body composition; physicochemical properties; probiotics; shrimp; feed supplements; Lactobacillus acidophilus; shrimp culture; nauplii
- ... The present study was conducted to study probiotics treatment in the post-larval diet of Macrobrachium rosenbergii. Three hundred postlarvae (average weight, 114-118 mg±0.11) were divided in five experimental groups each with four replicates. The experiment was conducted for 60 days. Experimental diets were identical in all the aspects except for variation in the probiotics strain. T1 and T2 group ...
- Bairagi, A.; Sarkar Ghosh, K.; Sen, S.K.; Ray, A.K.
- Aquaculture research 2004 v.35 no.5 pp. 436-446
- fatty acids; lipoprotein lipase; Leucaena leucocephala; Cyprinus carpio; freshwater fish; Oreochromis mossambicus; Labeo rohita; fingerlings; freshwater aquaculture; cellulose; intestines; mimosine; leaves; digestible protein; hemicellulose; phytic acid; feed conversion; cellulases; tannins; feed formulation; feed composition; fish culture; animal growth; diet; free amino acids; proteinases; body composition; Bacillus subtilis; Bacillus circulans; crude fiber; alpha-amylase
- ... Nine isonitrogenous (35% crude protein approximately) and isocaloric (18.37 kJ-1) experimental diets (RLL20-BCFL40) were formulated with either raw or treated (inoculated with fish intestinal bacteria) Leucaena leucocephala leaf meal at 20%, 30% and 40% levels replacing other ingredients partially from a fish meal based reference diet (RD). Two specific strains of fish intestinal bacteria, Bacillu ...