Jump to Main Content
- Peterson, R.H.; Martin-Robichaud, D.J.; Harmon, P.
- Aquaculture research 2004 v.35 no.5 pp. 453-457
- Gadus morhua; cod (fish); marine fish; fish eggs; embryo (animal); embryogenesis; hatching; locomotion; animal behavior; fish larvae; body size; fish culture; mariculture; water temperature
- ... Body movements of cod (Gadus morhua L.) embryos reared from fertilization to hatch at 5.4 °C were observed at various stages of development and at six experimental temperatures ranging from 0-10 °C. Frequency of cod embryo body movements increased from zero at 42 degree-days post fertilization to maximal at 73-82 degree-days (1 or 2 days prior to hatch). Embryos were most active at 2 °C (mean of 5 ...
- Estay, F.J.; Noriega, R.; Ureta, J.P.; Martin, W.; Colihueque, N.
- Aquaculture research 2004 v.35 no.5 pp. 447-452
- fish farms; fertilization (reproduction); Salmo trutta; trout; anadromous fish; females; animal reproduction; reproductive traits; biometry; spawning; body weight; fecundity; fish eggs; fish culture; Chile
- ... Data on reproductive traits in a cultured population of brown trout (Salmo trutta L.) in southern Chile were collected over three consecutive reproductive seasons: 1999, 2000 and 2001, corresponding to the first (at 3 years), second and third spawnings in females. Data were collected from individual females (n=238, 273 and 169 respectively). The reproductive season lasted mainly from June to Augus ...