Jump to Main Content
- Burford, M.A.; Sellars, M.J.; Arnold, S.J.; Keys, S.J.; Crocos, P.J.; Preston, N.P.
- Aquaculture research 2004 v.35 no.5 pp. 508-515
- stocking rate; algae; nitrogen; epiphytes; Penaeus esculentus; carbon; polyethylene; nutrient requirements; shrimp; ammonium chloride; stable isotopes; shrimp culture; juveniles
- ... The contribution of epiphytes associated with physical substrates to the nutritional requirements of post-larval shrimp, Penaeus esculentus Haswell, was determined in high-density rearing systems (3000, 6000 and 11000 m-3). Stable isotope signatures of epiphytes on polyethylene mesh substrate, AquaMats and tank walls were compared with shrimp signatures. Two methods were used: the determination of ...
- Venkat, H.K.; Sahu, N.P.; Jain, K.K.
- Aquaculture research 2004 v.35 no.5 pp. 501-507
- chemical composition; intestinal microorganisms; feed composition; Macrobrachium rosenbergii; animal growth; water quality; Artemia; freshwater aquaculture; body composition; physicochemical properties; probiotics; shrimp; feed supplements; Lactobacillus acidophilus; shrimp culture; nauplii
- ... The present study was conducted to study probiotics treatment in the post-larval diet of Macrobrachium rosenbergii. Three hundred postlarvae (average weight, 114-118 mg±0.11) were divided in five experimental groups each with four replicates. The experiment was conducted for 60 days. Experimental diets were identical in all the aspects except for variation in the probiotics strain. T1 and T2 group ...