Jump to Main Content
- Leonard, V.; Breyne, C.; Micha, J.C.; Larondelle, Y.
- Aquaculture research 1998 v.29 no.3 pp. 159-165
- Azolla filiculoides; Oreochromis aureus; digestibility; fish feeding; feeds; biomass; feed intake; body weight; water temperature; feces; digestible protein; crude protein; nutrient requirements
- ... Azolla, an aquatic fern that is able to fix nitrogen directly from the atmosphere, could represent an interesting low-cost food for tropical fish. In the present study, the authors evaluated the apparent digestibility of Azolla filiculoides Lamarck by Oreochromis aureus (Steindachner), an omnivorous-phytoplankton-ophagous species of tilapia. Two digestibility tests (5 days) were performed in diges ...
- Canario, A.V.M.; Condeca, J.; Power, D.M.
- Aquaculture research 1998 v.29 no.3 pp. 177-181
- stocking rate; body weight; intraspecific competition; fish culture
- ... The effect of stocking density on growth and size variability in gilthead sea-bream, Sparus aurata (L.), was tested by growing juveniles at densities of 0.35 kg m-3, 1.3 kg m-3 and 3.2 kg m-3. Fish in the highest density group grew 25% slower than fish in the lowest density group. The coefficient of variation of weight (standard deviation/mean) did not change during the experiment. The effect of s ...