Jump to Main Content
- Dubetz, Cory, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Aquaculture research 2017 v.48 no.7 pp. 3728-3741
- Salmo salar; coasts; diet; farms; fatty acid composition; feeds; omega-3 fatty acids; rearing; salmon
- ... We explored how currently manufactured feeds, under real‐world conditions and across geographically distinct locations, promoted flesh n‐3 long‐chain polyunsaturated fatty acid (LC‐PUFA, i.e. 20:5n‐3 + 22:6n‐3) levels in various life stages of farmed Atlantic Salmon (Salmo salar). Potential effects on flesh LC‐PUFA included: (1) diet and fish weight at one Canadian east coast farm, (2) diet and fa ...
- Dubetz, Cory, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Aquaculture research 2016 v.47 no.2 pp. 482-497
- active ingredients; adverse effects; biodegradation; deltamethrin; fish culture; fish farms; fisheries; marine sediments; nontarget organisms; salmon; temperature; British Columbia
- ... The commercial chemotherapeutant formulations SLICE® and AlphaMax® [active ingredients emamectin benzoate (EB) and deltamethrin respectively] are used in fin fish aquaculture to control parasitic sea lice. In some regions, the use of these substances has drawn concern from the commercial fishing industry regarding potential adverse effects on non‐target organisms. In the present work, biodegradati ...