Jump to Main Content
- Cao, Yu; Zhang, Na; Sun, Junyao; Li, Wei
- Aquatic botany 2019 v.154 pp. 53-59
- Potamogeton; Vallisneria; algae; ammonia; aquatic ecosystems; botany; carbon; chlorophyll; detritus; lakes; macrophytes; microorganisms; nitrates; nitrogen; nitrogen content; periphyton; phosphorus; sand; species richness
- ... Periphyton in aquatic ecosystems is comprised of algae, heterotrophic microbes, and detritus. In shallow lakes, periphyton is affected by substrate type, nutrient supply, and other factors. Periphyton on macrophytes can interact strongly with the host, but whether different periphyton on non-plant substrates are affected by nearby submerged macrophytes is unclear. We conducted a six-month mesocosm ...
- Meyer, Jutta; Dahlke, Sven; Kafka, Milena; Kerkow, Antje; Lindner, Caroline; Kube, Sandra; Nawka, Božena L.; Schubert, Hendrik; Schumann, Rhena; Blindow, Irmgard
- Aquatic botany 2019 v.154 pp. 1-10
- Copepoda; Fucus vesiculosus; Ruppia; Stuckenia pectinata; biomass; botany; chlorophyll; coastal water; coasts; environmental impact; freshwater lakes; migratory behavior; nutrient content; nutrients; phytoplankton; sediments; submerged aquatic plants; vegetation; water quality; zooplankton; Baltic Sea
- ... The small-scale impact of submerged vegetation (locally enhanced water transparency) on abiotic / biotic parameters was studied in a shallow (< 1 m mean water depth) brackish lagoon at the German Baltic Sea coast. Suspended matter, nutrients, chlorophyll, light, and zooplankton composition and biomass were compared between dense and sparse submerged vegetation at two sites five times during the ve ...