Jump to Main Content
- Nelson, Walter G.
- Aquatic botany 2018 v.148 pp. 53-63
- Zostera marina; biomass; dry season; epiphytes; estuaries; leaves; littoral zone; nitrogen; nutrients; phosphorus; rivers; seagrasses; summer; surface area; watersheds; wet season; Oregon
- ... Epiphytes on seagrass (Zostera marina) growing in the lower intertidal were examined along an estuarine gradient within Yaquina Bay, Oregon over a period of 4 years. The Yaquina Estuary receives high levels of nutrients from the watershed during the wet season and from the ocean during the dry season. Mean epiphyte biomass per unit seagrass leaf surface area (epiphyte load) peaked during the summe ...
- Scheibling, Robert E.; Patriquin, David G.; Filbee-Dexter, Karen
- Aquatic botany 2018 v.144 pp. 1-8
- Ascidiacea; Bivalvia; Halodule wrightii; Halophila; Thalassia testudinum; Tripneustes; canopy; coasts; endangered species; fauna; grazing; habitats; juveniles; leaves; macroinvertebrates; mixed stands; seagrasses; species diversity; trophic relationships; Caribbean; Grenada; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- ... The invasive seagrass Halophila stipulacea has spread throughout the eastern Caribbean since it was first recorded in Grenada in 2002. We quantified the distribution and abundance of H. stipulacea, and its associated macroinvertebrate fauna, in sampling stations and transects around the island of Carriacou (a nearby dependency of Grenada) in early 2016. Halophila stipulacea occurred in extensive m ...