Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Shunan; Liu, Feng; Xiao, Runlin; Li, Yong; He, Yang; Wu, Jinshui
- Aquatic botany 2016 v.130 pp. 37-44
- Myriophyllum; Pontederia cordata; agricultural runoff; agricultural watersheds; ammonium nitrogen; aquatic plants; best management practices; botany; drainage channels; field experimentation; greenhouse gas emissions; models; nitrous oxide; pollutants; sediments; sorption; vegetation
- ... Recently, vegetated drainage ditches have been used as one of the best management practices for controlling the transport of agricultural pollutants. In this study, a pilot-scale field experiment within a 135-km2 agricultural catchment was conducted to investigate the effectiveness of ditches vegetated with Pontederia cordata (Pontederia) and Myriophyllum elatinoides (Myriophyllum) and ditches wit ...
- Passerini, M.D.; Cunha-Santino, M.B.; Bianchini, I.
- Aquatic botany 2016 v.130 pp. 1-10
- Eichhornia azurea; Eleocharis; Salvinia auriculata; anaerobic conditions; botany; carbon cycle; climate change; dissolved oxygen; ecosystems; kinetics; leaching; macrophytes; microorganisms; organic matter; oxygen; water temperature
- ... The decomposition of organic matter constitutes a fundamental ecosystem process where microorganisms, affected by temperature and oxygen availability, play a fundamental role. The decomposition rates interfere in the global carbon cycle and therefore, in the potential feedback to climate change. We addressed the individual and combined effects of water temperature (15, 20, 25 and 30°C) and oxygen ...