Jump to Main Content
- Fernández-Pascual, Eduardo
- Aquatic botany 2016 v.130 pp. 21-26
- aquatic plants; bogs; cold; fens; habitats; issues and policy; peat; seed dormancy; seed germination; seeds; soil; temperature; vegetation
- ... Mires are continental wetlands of high scientific and conservation interest. Knowing the seed germination traits of mire species is essential for understanding their regeneration ecology and conducting active restoration policies. Here, a comparative study of seed germination traits was performed with 34 plant species from bog and fen communities, including many European indicators of these habita ...
- Kaewsrikhaw, Ratchanee; Ritchie, Raymond J.; Prathep, Anchana
- Aquatic botany 2016 v.130 pp. 11-20
- Halophila; anthocyanins; carotenoids; chlorophyll; coasts; electron transfer; habitats; leaves; littoral zone; photosynthesis; physical control; rhizomes; seagrasses; Thailand
- ... Halophila ovalis is a seagrass species which is widely distributed throughout the world and is found in a wide range of habitat along the vertical gradients from upper intertidal to subtidal areas. Differences in tidal exposure control physical factors relating growth and responses of marine plants. To determine variations in growth, morphology, anatomy and physiology of H. ovalis growing in diffe ...