Jump to Main Content
- Huang, Shiang‐Lin; Wang, Chun‐Chieh; Yao, Chiou‐Ju
- Aquatic conservation 2018 v.28 no.3 pp. 733-743
- Sousa chinensis; biogeography; chlorophyll; coastal water; dolphins; ecological function; ecosystems; estuaries; fisheries management; habitat conservation; habitat preferences; habitats; landscapes; models; remote sensing; surface water temperature; surveys; watershed management; watersheds; zoning; Taiwan
- ... Information gaps resulting from incomplete data used to describe habitat configuration frequently hinder the efficacy of habitat protection action (HPA) for an animal with a wide distribution range. Such concerns are particularly important for the Indo‐Pacific humpback dolphin, inhabiting disturbed coastal and estuarine habitats. This study inspected the likely habitat use of the Taiwanese humpbac ...
- Aghilinejhad, Seyed Mostafa; Gorgin, Saeid; van Uhm, Daan; Joolaie, Ramtin; Ghorbani, Rasoul; Paighambari, Seyed Yousef; Mohammadi, Jahangir; Jalali, Ali
- Aquatic conservation 2018 v.28 no.3 pp. 690-701
- aquacultural and fisheries equipment; attitudes and opinions; crime; experts; extinction; fishing boats; models; overfishing; ownership; planning; prices; probability; questionnaires; regression analysis; sturgeon; surveys; Caspian Sea
- ... Overfishing, exacerbated by illegal, unreported, and unregulated (IUU) fishing, is a serious threat to the conservation of the Caspian sturgeon populations, exposing them to the brink of extinction. This indicates the importance of investigating the causes and eliminating the consequences of the occurrence of IUU fishing. This study aimed to determine the barriers to sturgeon conservation, and to ...