Jump to Main Content
- Brinker, Alexander; Chucholl, Christoph; Behrmann‐Godel, Jasminca; Matzinger, Michaela; Basen, Timo; Baer, Jan
- Aquatic conservation 2018 v.28 no.3 pp. 587-599
- Zingel; dams (hydrology); effective population size; eggs; extinction; fecundity; females; genetic analysis; genetic drift; genotyping; habitat destruction; habitats; inbreeding; infrastructure; life history; microsatellite repeats; rheophilic species; risk; rivers; sexual maturity; spawning; surveys; water power; watersheds; weirs; Germany
- ... The Danube streber, Zingel streber, is a threatened and data‐deficient percid fish endemic to the Danube catchment. The study provides the first data on distribution, life history, and genetic structure of the species at the upstream limit of its historic distribution (south‐western Germany). A 3‐year survey effort with 143 fishing events identified several small, fragmentary populations covering ...
- Aghilinejhad, Seyed Mostafa; Gorgin, Saeid; van Uhm, Daan; Joolaie, Ramtin; Ghorbani, Rasoul; Paighambari, Seyed Yousef; Mohammadi, Jahangir; Jalali, Ali
- Aquatic conservation 2018 v.28 no.3 pp. 690-701
- aquacultural and fisheries equipment; attitudes and opinions; crime; experts; extinction; fishing boats; models; overfishing; ownership; planning; prices; probability; questionnaires; regression analysis; sturgeon; surveys; Caspian Sea
- ... Overfishing, exacerbated by illegal, unreported, and unregulated (IUU) fishing, is a serious threat to the conservation of the Caspian sturgeon populations, exposing them to the brink of extinction. This indicates the importance of investigating the causes and eliminating the consequences of the occurrence of IUU fishing. This study aimed to determine the barriers to sturgeon conservation, and to ...