Jump to Main Content
- Contador, Tamara; Kennedy, James
- Aquatic insects 2016 v.37 no.2 pp. 145-158
- multivoltine habit, etc ; Leptophlebiidae; Simuliidae; climate change; community structure; ecoregions; ecosystems; heat sums; monitoring; phenology; rivers; sea level; summer; watersheds; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... The life histories of Meridialaris chiloeensis (Demoulin, 1955) (Leptophlebiidae: Ephemeroptera) and Gigantodax rufescens (Edwards, 1931) (Simuliidae: Diptera) were studied in a Magellanic sub-Antarctic river in Navarino Island (55°S). Both species are distributed along the whole length of the watershed. Phenology was studied in the field for a period of 12 months between August 2009 and September ...
- Mochizuki, Shoko; Kayaba, Yuichi; Tanida, Kazumi
- Aquatic insects 2014 v.36 no.2 pp. 135-147
- multivoltine habit, etc ; Hydropsychidae; heat sums; instars; larvae; overwintering; population size; seasonal variation; surveys; water temperature; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Cheumatopsyche brevilineata (Iwata, 1927) is a filter-feeding caddisfly without distinct separable generations. We conducted a life history survey of C. brevilineata under a natural thermal regime. This caddis species had a multivoltine life history and their generations partially overlapped each other. From the seasonal change of larval and pupal density, we recognized one overwintering generatio ...