Jump to Main Content
- Bonada, Núria; Dolédec, Sylvain
- Aquatic sciences 2018 v.80 no.1 pp. 7
- multivoltine habit, etc ; aquatic insects; basins; databases; ecology; latitude; phenotypic plasticity; photoperiod; phylogeny; streams; temperature; univoltine habit; Europe; Scandinavia; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Labile traits are those that are not constrained by phylogeny and should respond directly to the environment through local adaptation or phenotypic plasticity. For example, voltinism (number of generations per year) is a labile trait that has been consistently related to latitude and, in particular, to temperature and photoperiod changes. Current trait databases include several labile traits that, ...
- Giam, Xingli; Chen, William; Schriever, Tiffany A.; Van Driesche, Richard; Muneepeerakul, Rachata; Lytle, David A.; Olden, Julian D.
- Aquatic sciences 2017 v.79 no.3 pp. 705-717
- multivoltine habit, etc ; aquatic invertebrates; arid lands; autumn; climate; community structure; diapause; drying; ephemeral streams; hydrology; landscapes; lotic systems; macroinvertebrates; microhabitats; prediction; seasonal variation; spring; summer; watersheds; Southwestern United States; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Many lotic ecosystems are spatially and temporally heterogeneous but none more so than dryland streams flowing through arid and semi-arid landscapes. Understanding seasonal variation in richness and trait composition is critical to our fundamental understanding of these dynamic stream networks. Here, we analyzed aquatic macroinvertebrate communities within perennial and intermittent reaches in rep ...