Jump to Main Content
- Cheng, Chang-Hong; Yang, Fang-Fang; Ling, Ren-Zhi; Liao, Shao-An; Miao, Yu-Tao; Ye, Chao-Xia; Wang, An-Li
- Aquatic toxicology 2015 v.164 pp. 61-71
- immune response, etc ; DNA damage; Takifugu obscurus; ammonia; antioxidants; apoptosis; calcium; caspase-3; fish; freshwater; gene expression regulation; genes; heat shock proteins; homeostasis; innate immunity; interleukin-12; interleukin-6; liver; oxidative stress; pollutants; reactive oxygen species; toxicity; toxicology; tumor necrosis factor-alpha; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... Ammonia is one of major environmental pollutants in the freshwater aquatic system that affects the survival and growth of organisms. In the present study, we investigated the effects of ammonia exposure on apoptosis, oxidative stress and immune response in pufferfish (Takifugu obscurus). Fish were exposed to various concentrations of ammonia (0, 1.43, 3.57, 7.14mM) for 72h. The date showed that am ...
- Bahamonde, P.A.; McMaster, M.E.; Servos, M.R.; Martyniuk, C.J.; Munkittrick, K.R.
- Aquatic toxicology 2015 v.159 pp. 302-316
- immune response, etc ; Etheostoma; benthic organisms; bioassays; cell adhesion; eggs; females; fish; gene expression regulation; genes; hatching; heat shock proteins; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; males; messenger RNA; microarray technology; monitoring; municipal wastewater; oligonucleotides; oogenesis; ovulation; phenotype; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; rivers; sewage effluent; sexual development; spermatozoa; testes; transcriptome; watersheds; Ontario; Show all 31 Subjects
- ... Rainbow darter (Etheostoma caeruleum; RBD) is a small benthic fish found in North America. This species is sensitive to sewage effluent, and intersex is found in up to 80% of males in near-field areas in the Grand River, Ontario, Canada. To learn more about the molecular signaling cascades associated with intersex, a developed customized oligonucleotide microarray (4×180K) using next generation se ...