Jump to Main Content
- Petersen, Karina; Heiaas, Harald Hasle; Tollefsen, Knut Erik
- Aquatic toxicology 2014 v.150 pp. 45-54
- algae, etc ; benzophenones; additive effect; risk; Skeletonema costatum; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; drugs; models; polychlorinated biphenyls; propranolol; biocides; benzo(a)pyrene; industrial effluents; diuron; growth retardation; personal care products; endosulfan; toxicity; wastewater; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Organisms in the environment are exposed to a number of pollutants from different compound groups. In addition to the classic pollutants like the polychlorinated biphenyls, polyaromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), alkylphenols, biocides, etc. other compound groups of concern are constantly emerging. Pharmaceuticals and personal care products (PPCPs) can be expected to co-occur with other organic contamin ...
- Jonas, Adam; Buranova, Veronika; Scholz, Stefan; Fetter, Eva; Novakova, Katerina; Kohoutek, Jiri; Hilscherova, Klara
- Aquatic toxicology 2014 v.155 pp. 283-290
- algae, etc ; Chlorophyta; Cylindrospermopsis raciborskii; Danio rerio; Microcystis aeruginosa; adverse effects; bioassays; chemical analysis; deformation; fish; mouth; phenotype; phytoplankton; reporter genes; retinoic acid; risk; teratogenicity; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Retinoic acids and their derivatives have been recently identified by chemical analyses in cyanobacteria and algae. Given the essential role of retinoids for vertebrate development this has raised concerns about a potential risk for vertebrates exposed to retinoids during cyanobacterial blooms. Our study focuses on extracellular compounds produced by phytoplankton cells (exudates). In order to add ...