Jump to Main Content
- Gagnaire, Beatrice; Gagné, François; André, Chantale; Blaise, Christian; Abbaci, Khedidja; Budzinski, Hélène; Dévier, Marie-Hélène; Garric, Jeanne
- Aquatic toxicology 2009 v.92 no.3 pp. 155-167
- Gastropoda; snails; endocrine-disrupting chemicals; biomarkers; abiotic stress; vitellogenin; proteins; gonads; histology; phosphates; lipids; animal reproduction; reproductive toxicology; France
- ... The occurrence in aquatic environments of compounds capable of acting as endocrine disruptors (ED) is of concern for wildlife. Elevated levels of the egg-yolk precursor protein vitellogenin (Vg) are widely accepted as a biomarker for xenoestrogen exposure in aquatic organisms. The purpose of this study was to develop a method for tracking changes in levels of Vg-like proteins in gastropods. Vg-lik ...
- Jamers, An; Blust, Ronny; De Coen, Wim
- Aquatic toxicology 2009 v.92 no.3 pp. 114-121
- Algae; microalgae; genomics; transcriptomics; abiotic stress; case studies; heavy metals; toxicity; proteomics; metabolomics
- ... The last decade, the biological and biomedical scientific landscape has seen the increase in use and applications of “omics” technologies. These technologies provide methods that allow for a comprehensive description of nearly all components within the cell. Microalgae not only play an important ecological role, but are also of commercial importance and therefore call for an in depth knowledge of ...