Jump to Main Content
- Dubetz, Cory, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Aquatic toxicology 2012 v.108 pp. 94-105
- Caligidae; Pandalus; binding proteins; complementary DNA; eggs; gene expression; messenger RNA; molting; mortality; muscle tissues; nucleotide sequences; salmon; sediments; shrimp; tail; transcription (genetics); translation (genetics); wildlife; British Columbia
- ... The potential impact of commercial salmon aquaculture along the coast of British Columbia on the health of non-target marine wildlife is of growing concern. In the current initiative, the biological effects on gene expression within spot prawn (Pandalus platyceros) exposed to the sea lice controlling agent, emamectin benzoate (EB; 0.1–4.8mg/kg sediment), were investigated. A mean sediment/water pa ...
- Dubetz, Cory, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Aquatic toxicology 2010 v.97 no.3 pp. 212-225
- rivers; watersheds; water pollution; pollutants; polychlorinated biphenyls; pesticides; dioxins; furans; heavy metals; Oncorhynchus nerka; Oncorhynchus tshawytscha; salmon; messenger RNA; gene expression; polymerase chain reaction; bioaccumulation; British Columbia
- ... The health and physiological condition of anadromous salmon is of concern as their upriver migration requires navigation of human-impacted waterways and metabolism of stored energy reserves containing anthropogenic contaminants. Such factors may affect reproductive success of fish stocks. This study investigates chemical contaminant burdens and select gene expression profiles in Pacific Sockeye (O ...