Jump to Main Content
- Pourhadian, Hossein; Kamkar, Behnam; Soltani, Afshin; Mokhtarpour, Hassan
- Archiv für Acker- und Pflanzenbau und Bodenkunde 2019 v.65 no.2 pp. 253-268
- basins; case studies; corn; crop yield; cropping systems; farm management; farms; fertilizer application; irrigation scheduling; normalized difference vegetation index; pest control; plant density; planting; prioritization; soil fertility; sowing date; watersheds; weed control; Iran
- ... The yield gap provides a guide for prioritization of crop management options (such as optimized sowing date, seeding rate, irrigation schedule, soil fertility, fertilizer application, weed and pest control) in a studied area. This study aimed to determine the maize yield gap in four major watersheds in Golestan Province, Iran, using an integrated crop simulation model-satellite imagery method. The ...
- Sirisuntornlak, Napat; Ghafoori, Salim; Datta, Avishek; Arirob, Wallop
- Archiv für Acker- und Pflanzenbau und Bodenkunde 2019 v.65 no.2 pp. 197-207
- Zea mays; application methods; biotic stress; corn; grain yield; hybrids; plant growth; seed priming; seeds; silicon; soil; soil water regimes; water stress
- ... Silicon (Si) has been known to enhance plant tolerance against biotic and abiotic stresses besides its beneficial effects on plant growth and yield. Two experiments were conducted to evaluate the effect of Si against water-deficit stress in maize (Zea mays) applied through seed priming and soil incorporation methods, and to find out the optimum dose of Si under each method. In the seed priming exp ...