Jump to Main Content
- Naeem, Muhammad; Naeem, Muhammad Shahbaz; Ahmad, Rashid; Ihsan, Muhammad Zahid; Ashraf, Muhammad Yasin; Hussain, Yasir; Fahad, Shah
- Archiv für Acker- und Pflanzenbau und Bodenkunde 2018 v.64 no.1 pp. 116-131
- Zea mays; calcium; climate; corn; cultivars; drought tolerance; foliar application; grain yield; hydrogen peroxide; photosynthesis; plant growth; proline; stomatal conductance; sugars; water potential; water stress
- ... Water and nutrient restrictions are the factors that limiting growth of maize in arid/semi-arid climate. Calcium (Ca²⁺) uptake is affected severely under drought stress (DS). The objectives of this study were to investigate the effects of DS and foliar applied Ca²⁺ on growth, physiological, biochemical, yield and grain-nutrient content in two maize cultivars i.e. drought-tolerantDekalb-6525 and dr ...
- Mahajan, Gulshan; Singh, Kuldeep; Singh, Naveen; Kaur, Rupinder; Chauhan, Bhagirath S
- Archiv für Acker- und Pflanzenbau und Bodenkunde 2018 v.64 no.1 pp. 103-115
- Oryza sativa; direct seeding; genotype; grain yield; hybrids; inbred lines; irrigation management; rice; screening; selection index; stress tolerance; water conservation; water stress; South Asia
- ... Rice genotypes having high crop water productivity in dry direct-seeded rice (DDSR) need to be assessed while promoting labor- and water-saving technology. The objective of this study was to evaluate the ability of several selection indices to identify genotypes with high crop water productivity in DDSR. A set of 16 genotypes [13 recombinant inbred lines (RILs) and three genotypes as check for con ...