Jump to Main Content
- Iuchi, Katsuya; Morisada, Yukina; Yoshino, Yuri; Himuro, Takahiro; Saito, Yoji; Murakami, Tomoyuki; Hisatomi, Hisashi
- Archives of biochemistry and biophysics 2018 v.654 pp. 136-145
- atmospheric pressure; calcium; cell death; cell proliferation; chelating agents; culture media; human cell lines; humans; hydrogen peroxide; irradiation; neoplasms; nitrates; nitric oxide; nitrites; nitrogen; reactive nitrogen species; therapeutics; viability
- ... Cold atmospheric-pressure plasma (CAP) has been emerging as a promising tool for cancer therapy in recent times. In this study, we used a CAP device with nitrogen gas (N2CAP) and investigated the effect of the N2CAP on the viability of cultured cells. Moreover, we investigated whether N2CAP-produced hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) in the medium is involved in N2CAP-induced cell death. Here, we found that ...
- Davis, Julie Eberle; Alghanmi, Arwa; Gundampati, Ravi Kumar; Jayanthi, Srinivas; Fields, Ellen; Armstrong, Monica; Weidling, Vanessa; Shah, Varun; Agrawal, Shilpi; Koppolu, Bhanu prasanth; Zaharoff, David A.; Kumar, Thallapuranam Krishnaswamy Suresh
- Archives of biochemistry and biophysics 2018 v.654 pp. 115-125
- binding capacity; cell growth; cell proliferation; fibroblast growth factor 1; fibroblast growth factor receptors; heparin; humans; lysine; mutants; mutation; proline; thermal stability; tissue repair
- ... Human acidic fibroblast growth factor 1 (hFGF1) is a protein intricately involved in cell growth and tissue repair. In this study, we investigate the effect(s) of understanding the role of a conserved proline (P135), located in the heparin binding pocket, on the structure, stability, heparin binding affinity, and cell proliferation activity of hFGF1. Substitution of proline-135 with a positively c ...