Jump to Main Content
- Iuchi, Katsuya; Morisada, Yukina; Yoshino, Yuri; Himuro, Takahiro; Saito, Yoji; Murakami, Tomoyuki; Hisatomi, Hisashi
- Archives of biochemistry and biophysics 2018 v.654 pp. 136-145
- atmospheric pressure; calcium; cell death; cell proliferation; chelating agents; culture media; human cell lines; humans; hydrogen peroxide; irradiation; neoplasms; nitrates; nitric oxide; nitrites; nitrogen; reactive nitrogen species; therapeutics; viability
- ... Cold atmospheric-pressure plasma (CAP) has been emerging as a promising tool for cancer therapy in recent times. In this study, we used a CAP device with nitrogen gas (N2CAP) and investigated the effect of the N2CAP on the viability of cultured cells. Moreover, we investigated whether N2CAP-produced hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) in the medium is involved in N2CAP-induced cell death. Here, we found that ...
- Dhillon, Arun; Sharma, Kedar; Rajulapati, Vikky; Goyal, Arun
- Archives of biochemistry and biophysics 2018 v.654 pp. 194-208
- Clostridium thermocellum; arabinans; arabinoxylan; binding sites; calcium; carbohydrate binding; cellulose; ligands; moieties; mutagenesis; mutants; potatoes; sugar beet; xylan
- ... Carbohydrate Binding Modules (CBMs) targeting cellulose, xylan and mannan have been reported, however, a CBM targeting rhamnogalacturonan I (RG I) has never been identified. We had studied earlier a rhamnogalacturonan lyase (CtRGL) from Clostridium thermocellum that was associated with a family 35 CBM, Rgl-CBM35. In this study we show that Rgl-CBM35 displays binding with β-d-glucuronic acid (β-D-G ...