Jump to Main Content
- Mironova, Galina D.; Khrenov, Maxim O.; Talanov, Eugeny Yu.; Glushkova, Olga V.; Parfenyuk, Svetlana B.; Novoselova, Tatyana V.; Lunin, Sergey M.; Belosludtseva, Natalia V.; Novoselova, Elena G.; Lemasters, John J.
- Archives of biochemistry and biophysics 2018 v.654 pp. 70-76
- Escherichia coli; anti-inflammatory activity; body weight; endotoxins; energy; galactosamine; glycogen; heat shock proteins; inflammation; interferon-gamma; interleukin-2; interleukin-6; intraperitoneal injection; lipopolysaccharides; lymphocytes; males; mice; mitochondria; oxidative stress; phosphates; potassium channels; sodium chloride; spleen; tissues; transcription factor NF-kappa B; tumor necrosis factor-alpha; uridine
- ... In this study, we examined the effects of uridine on plasma cytokine levels, heat shock protein (HSP) 72 expression, and nuclear factor (NF)-κB signaling in spleen lymphocytes after exposure of male BALB/c mice to Escherichia coli lipopolysaccharide (LPS). Mice were treated with uridine (30 mg/kg body weight, intraperitoneal injection [i.p.]) or saline solution of LPS (2.5 mg/kg, i. p.). Endotoxin ...
- Lee, Jaeyong; Homma, Takujiro; Kobayashi, Sho; Ishii, Naoki; Fujii, Junichi
- Archives of biochemistry and biophysics 2018 v.654 pp. 163-171
- 3-hydroxybutyric acid; beta oxidation; blood plasma; death; droplets; energy; fasting; free fatty acids; ketone bodies; lipogenesis; lipoproteins; liver; mice; oxidative stress; refeeding; secretion; visceral fat
- ... Oxidative stress triggers the formation of lipid droplets in the liver by stimulating lipogenesis and simultaneously suppresses lipoprotein secretion under hypernutritional conditions. Herein we report on the observation of systemic organ failure that is associated with lipid droplet accumulation in fasting, SOD1-knockout (KO) mice. Upon a three-day fasting period, the KO mice were observed to be ...