Jump to Main Content
- Gołaszewski, Janusz, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Archives of environmental protection 2016 v.42 no.4 pp. 125-134
- ash content; biochar; energy; fuel production; fuels; heat; lignocellulose; sawdust; sewage sludge; sulfur; temperature; torrefaction; volatile compounds
- ... The influence of sewage sludge torrefaction temperature on fuel properties was investigated. Non-lignocellulosic waste thermal treatment experiment was conducted within 1 h residence time, under the following temperatures: 200, 220, 240, 260, 280 and 300°C. Sawdust was used as lignocellulosic reference material. The following parameters of biochar have been measured: moisture, higher heating value ...
- Gołaszewski, Janusz, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Archives of environmental protection 2015 v.41 no.3 pp. 70-75
- anaerobic digestion; arable soils; biogas; carbon dioxide; cations; dewatering; drying; energy; eutrophication; gases; gasification; heat treatment; mineral fertilizers; pyrolysis; sewage sludge; soil fertility; surface water; temperature; vegetation; winter
- ... Anaerobic digestion residue represents a nutrient rich resource which, if applied back on land, can reduce the use of mineral fertilizers and improve soil fertility. However, dewatering and further thermal processing of digestate may be recommended in certain situations. Limited applicability of digestate as fertilizer may appear, especially in winter, during the vegetation period or in areas wher ...