Jump to Main Content
- Liu, Peng-Cheng, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Archives of insect biochemistry and physiology 2011 v.77 no.2 pp. 58-71
- Escherichia coli; Helicoverpa armigera; Western blotting; ecdysterone; fat body; gene expression regulation; genes; granulocytes; hemocytes; innate immunity; insects; messenger RNA; molting; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; signal transduction
- ... 20-Hydroxyecdysone (20E) is an important hormone that regulates the development of insects. Although previous evidence revealed that 20E promotes innate immunity in insects, the mechanism involved is still unclear. In this study, the HaBBP gene from Helicoverpa armigera is cloned, which contains BTB (broad-complex, tramtrack, and bric-a-brac), a BACK (BTB and carboxyl-terminus kelch repeats), and ...
- Liu, Peng-Cheng, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Archives of insect biochemistry and physiology 2008 v.68 no.2 pp. 71-78
- parasitoids; Polydnaviridae; phylogeny; amino acid sequences; gene duplication; transcription (genetics); Cotesia; molecular cloning; exons; sequence homology
- ... Cotesia vestalis (Braconidae, Hymenoptera) depends mainly on 3 regulatory factors to manipulate its host's development and immune response, including polydnavirus, venom, and teratocytes, among which polydnavirus plays a key role in suppressing the host immune system. In the present work, we cloned the full sequence of gene CvBV-ank2, encoding an IκB-like protein in C. vestalis polydnavirus (CvBV) ...