Jump to Main Content
- Abdelkrim, Souhir; Jebara, Salwa Harzalli; Saadani, Omar; Chiboub, Manel; Abid, Ghassen; Mannai, Khediri; Jebara, Moez
- Archives of microbiology 2019 v.201 no.1 pp. 107-121
- Bacillus megaterium; Bacillus simplex; Ensifer meliloti; Lathyrus sativus; Pseudomonas fluorescens; Rhizobium leguminosarum; Variovorax; bacteria; biomass production; cadmium; copper; genes; heavy metals; lead; metal tolerance; nutrients; phytomass; phytoremediation; polluted soils; polymerase chain reaction; ribosomal DNA; root nodules; shoots; soil properties; zinc
- ... In this study, two populations of leguminous plants Lathyrus sativus were grown in four soils that were collected from sites differently contaminated by heavy metals. Evaluations included basic soil properties, concentrations of major nutrients and four metals (copper, zinc, lead and cadmium) in these soils. Investigation of Lathyrus sativus response to contamination showed that the increase of he ...
- Chasapis, Christos T.
- Archives of microbiology 2019 v.201 no.1 pp. 51-59
- Tetrahymena thermophila; cadmium; databases; eukaryotic cells; genes; human diseases; models; protein-protein interactions; proteins; topology; toxicity; toxicology; yeasts
- ... Tetrahymena is a unicellular microbial eukaryotic organism that has been used extensively in toxicology and environmental research. This work attempts to model for the first time the wiring of proteins involved in cellular mechanisms of Cd toxicity in Tetrahymena thermophila. 1975 high-confidence PPIs between 68 Cd-binding proteins and 422 partners were inferred through a novel structural systems ...