Jump to Main Content
- Chasapis, Christos T.
- Archives of microbiology 2019 v.201 no.1 pp. 51-59
- Tetrahymena thermophila; cadmium; databases; eukaryotic cells; genes; human diseases; models; protein-protein interactions; proteins; topology; toxicity; toxicology; yeasts
- ... Tetrahymena is a unicellular microbial eukaryotic organism that has been used extensively in toxicology and environmental research. This work attempts to model for the first time the wiring of proteins involved in cellular mechanisms of Cd toxicity in Tetrahymena thermophila. 1975 high-confidence PPIs between 68 Cd-binding proteins and 422 partners were inferred through a novel structural systems ...
- Santos, Tomás; Marinho, H. Susana; Cyrne, Luisa
- Archives of microbiology 2019 v.201 no.1 pp. 123-134
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae; culture media; genes; hydrogen peroxide; myo-inositol; phenotype; phospholipids; plasma membrane; sphingolipids; transporters; yeasts
- ... Myo-inositol is a precursor of several membrane phospholipids and sphingolipids and plays a key role in gene regulation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae (S. cerevisiae). Here, we tested whether H₂O₂ was affecting the levels of the inositol transporters and thus inositol uptake. In S. cerevisiae cells adapted to H₂O₂ Itr1–GFPp accumulated in the plasma membrane until 20 min, concomitantly with an inhibi ...