Jump to Main Content
- Senthilkumar, V.; Rajendhran, J.; Busby, S. J. W.; Gunasekaran, P.
- Archives of microbiology 2009 v.191 no.6 pp. 529-541
- Escherichia coli; Zymomonas mobilis; enzyme activity; half life; hydrolysis; levansucrase; messenger RNA; multigene family; mutants; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; sucrose; sucrose alpha-glucosidase
- ... In Zymomonas mobilis, the extracellular levansucrase (SacB) and extracellular sucrase (SacC) are involved in sucrose hydrolysis. Genes coding for these two enzymes (sacB and sacC) are arranged in a cluster in the genome and separated by a short intervening sequence. The level of sacC transcript was 12-fold higher than that of sacB transcript. On the other hand, transcript stability analysis in suc ...
- Michel, Klaus-Peter; Schröder, Ann-Kristin; Zimmermann, Maike; Brandt, Sonja; Pistorius, Elfriede K.; Frankenberg-Dinkel, Nicole; Staiger, Dorothee
- Archives of microbiology 2009 v.191 no.6 pp. 553-559
- Escherichia coli; Synechocystis; acids; apoproteins; histidine; histidine kinase; kidneys; swine
- ... The cyanobacterium Synechocystis sp. PCC 6803 harbours 47 histidine kinases (Hiks). Among these are hybrid histidine kinases with one or two response regulator domains as well as numerous Hiks with several sensory domains. One example is the hybrid histidine kinase Slr1759 (Hik14) that has two PAS domains arranged in tandem linked to a predicted GAF domain. Here, we show that a Slr1759 derivative ...