Jump to Main Content
- Qin, Tian; Iida, Ken-ichiro; Hirakawa, Hideki; Shiota, Susumu; Nakayama, Hiroaki; Yoshida, Shin-ichi
- Archives of microbiology 2009 v.191 no.6 pp. 543-551
- Acanthamoeba; Agrobacterium radiobacter; Legionella dumoffii; aquatic environment; bacteria; genes; humans; parasitism; plasmids; pneumonia; proteins; temperature
- ... Legionella (Fluoribacter) dumoffii is a resident of various aquatic environments and occasionally causes pneumonia in humans. We found that L. dumoffii strain TEX-KL carries a 66-kb circular plasmid. As predicted by the presence of tra genes similar to those of other transferable plasmids, we showed that pLD-TEX-KL was actually capable of transferring itself to a plasmid-cured derivative of the or ...
- Abdallah, Fethi Ben; Kallel, Héla; Bakhrouf, Amina
- Archives of microbiology 2009 v.191 no.6 pp. 493-500
- Vibrio alginolyticus; Vibrio parahaemolyticus; bacteria; outer membrane proteins; plasmids; porosity; seawater; starvation
- ... The marine bacteria Vibrio parahaemolyticus and V. alginolyticus were incubated in seawater for 8 months to evaluate their adaptative responses to starvation. The starved cells showed an altered biochemical and enzymatic profiles, respectively, on Api 20E and Api ZYM systems and an evolution to the filterable minicells state capable to pass membrane pore size 0.45 μm. Outer membrane proteins patte ...