Jump to Main Content
- Qin, Tian; Iida, Ken-ichiro; Hirakawa, Hideki; Shiota, Susumu; Nakayama, Hiroaki; Yoshida, Shin-ichi
- Archives of microbiology 2009 v.191 no.6 pp. 543-551
- Acanthamoeba; Agrobacterium radiobacter; Legionella dumoffii; aquatic environment; bacteria; genes; humans; parasitism; plasmids; pneumonia; proteins; temperature
- ... Legionella (Fluoribacter) dumoffii is a resident of various aquatic environments and occasionally causes pneumonia in humans. We found that L. dumoffii strain TEX-KL carries a 66-kb circular plasmid. As predicted by the presence of tra genes similar to those of other transferable plasmids, we showed that pLD-TEX-KL was actually capable of transferring itself to a plasmid-cured derivative of the or ...
- Kang, Su-Il; Kang, Seo-Young; Kanaly, Robert A.; Lee, Eunjung; Lim, Yoongho; Hur, Hor-Gil
- Archives of microbiology 2009 v.191 no.6 pp. 509-517
- Cunninghamella elegans; absorption; aromatic compounds; biochemical pathways; biodegradation; biotransformation; fungi; humans; metabolism; metabolites; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; oxidation
- ... The hypolipidemic agent gemfibrozil (GEM), which has been studied for its metabolism in humans and animals, was investigated to elucidate its primary metabolism by Cunninghamella elegans. The fungus produced ten metabolites (FM1-FM9 and FM6') from the biotransformation of GEM. Based on LC/MS/MS and NMR analyses, a major metabolite, FM7, was identified as 2'-hydroxymethyl GEM. FM6 was considered to ...