Jump to Main Content
- Reis, Veronica Massena, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Archives of microbiology 2019 v.201 no.4 pp. 547-558
- Azospirillum brasilense; Herbaspirillum seropedicae; ammonium; corn; enzyme activity; fertilizer application; hydroponics; leaves; nitrate reductase; nitrates; nitrogen; nitrogen content; nitrogen fertilizers; nitrogen metabolism; nitrogen-fixing bacteria; phosphorus; plant growth; potassium; roots; shoots; sugars
- ... Maize is highly responsive to the application of nitrogen to achieve high productivity. Inoculation with diazotrophic bacteria can improve plant growth with low N fertilization. The objective was to evaluate the inoculation of two species of diazotrophs on N metabolism in maize plants, in the presence of two concentrations of nitrogen in a hydroponic system. A factorial arrangement composed of two ...
- Reis, Veronica Massena, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Archives of microbiology 2017 v.199 no.6 pp. 863-873
- Gluconacetobacter diazotrophicus; Herbaspirillum rubrisubalbicans; Herbaspirillum seropedicae; biomass; growth promotion; hydroponics; nitrate reductase; nitrate reductase (NADH); nitrogen-fixing bacteria; plant growth; seedlings; sprouting; sugarcane
- ... Diazotrophs are able to stimulate plant growth. This study aimed at evaluating the effect of inoculation of five diazotrophic strains on growth promotion and nitrate reductase (NR, EC 220.127.116.11) activity in sugarcane. An experiment was carried out from three stages of cultivation: sprouting, tubes, and in hydroponics. On the first two stages, seven treatments were adopted: uninoculated control; mixe ...