Jump to Main Content
- Velasco-García, Roberto; Villalobos, Miguel Angel; Ramírez-Romero, Miguel A.; Mújica-Jiménez, Carlos; Iturriaga, Gabriel; Muñoz-Clares, Rosario A.
- Archives of microbiology 2006 v.185 no.1 pp. 14-22
- betaine-aldehyde dehydrogenase, etc ; Escherichia coli; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; Western blotting; amino acid sequences; bacteria; betaine; carbon; choline; gel chromatography; gene expression; glucose; humans; nitrogen; operon; osmotic stress; osmotolerance; pathogens; promoter regions; recombinant proteins; response elements; salt tolerance; sodium chloride; spectroscopy; tissues; transcription (genetics); transcription factors; Show all 27 Subjects
- ... In the human pathogen Pseudomonas aeruginosa, betaine aldehyde dehydrogenase (BADH) may play a dual role assimilating carbon and nitrogen from choline or choline precursors--abundant at infection sites--and producing glycine betaine, which protects the bacteria against the high-osmolarity stress prevalent in the infected tissues. We cloned the P. aeruginosa BADH gene and expressed the BADH protein ...
- Li, Shengkang; Xiao, Xiang; Sun, Ping; Wang, Fengping
- Archives of microbiology 2008 v.189 no.6 pp. 549-556
- betaine-aldehyde dehydrogenase, etc ; DEAD-box RNA helicases; DNA primers; RNA; Shewanella; bacteria; cold stress; gene expression regulation; genes; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; screening; sequence deletion; temperature; transcription (genetics); Show all 14 Subjects
- ... The differential gene transcription of a deep-sea bacterium Shewanella piezotolerans WP3 in response to cold shock was analyzed by RNA arbitrarily primed PCR. Ninety primer sets were used to scan two different RNA pools derived from the culture of cold shock and its control (culture at its optimal grown temperature). Ninety-four putative differentially expressed fragments were identified and clone ...