Jump to Main Content
- Noh, Keumhan; Kang, You Ra; Nepal, Mahesh Raj; Shakya, Rajina; Kang, Mi Jeong; Kang, Wonku; Lee, Sangkyu; Jeong, Hye Gwang; Jeong, Tae Cheon
- Archives of pharmacal research 2017 v.40 no.12 pp. 1345-1355
- absorption; bioavailability; drugs; enzymatic reactions; intestinal microorganisms; intestinal mucosa; liver; metabolites; pharmacodynamics; pharmacokinetics
- ... The intestinal mucosa and liver have long been considered as the main sites of drug metabolism, and the contribution of gut microbiota to drug metabolism has been under-estimated. However, it is now generally accepted that the gut microbiota plays an important role in drug metabolism prior to drug absorption or during enterohepatic circulation via various microbial enzymatic reactions in the intes ...
- Min, Jee Sun; Bae, Soo Kyung
- Archives of pharmacal research 2017 v.40 no.12 pp. 1356-1379
- absorption; computer software; cytochrome P-450; drug interactions; drugs; experimental design; genetic polymorphism; humans; models; patients; pharmacokinetics; prediction; risk
- ... The occurrence of drug–drug interactions (DDIs) can significantly affect the safety of a patient, and thus assessing DDI risk is important. Recently, physiologically based pharmacokinetic (PBPK) modeling has been increasingly used to predict DDI potential. Here, we present a PBPK modeling concept and strategy. We also surveyed PBPK-related articles about the prediction of DDI potential in humans p ...