Jump to Main Content
- Jung, Hee Jin; Seong, Su Hui; Ali, Md Yousof; Min, Byung-Sun; Jung, Hyun Ah; Choi, Jae Sue
- Archives of pharmacal research 2017 v.40 no.12 pp. 1403-1413
- Juniperus chinensis; diabetes mellitus; flavonoids; glucose; glycemic effect; human cell lines; inhibitory concentration 50; insulin; insulin receptor substrate proteins; insulin resistance; mitogen-activated protein kinase; molecular models; phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase; phosphorylation; protein-tyrosine-phosphatase; signal transduction
- ... Diabetes mellitus is one of the greatest global health issues and much research effort continues to be directed toward identifying novel therapeutic agents. Insulin resistance is a challenging integrally related topic and molecules capable of overcoming it are of considerable therapeutic interest in the context of type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM). Protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B (PTP1B) negatively ...
- Dong, Jian-Wei; Cai, Le; Li, Xue-Jiao; Wang, Jia-Peng; Mei, Rui-Feng; Ding, Zhong-Tao
- Archives of pharmacal research 2017 v.40 no.12 pp. 1394-1402
- acetylcholinesterase; alkaloids; carvacrol; chemical structure; cholinesterase; circular dichroism spectroscopy; enzyme inhibition; esters; herbal medicines; inhibitory concentration 50; macrophages; monoterpenoids; nitric oxide; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; styrene; tubers
- ... Three new monoterpene phenylpropionic acid esters, illigerates A–C (1–3), and one new aporphine alkaloid, illigeranine (4), as well as four known ones, actinodaphnine (5), nordicentrine (6), 8-hydroxy carvacrol (7), and 3-hydroxy-α,4-dimethyl styrene (8), were isolated from the tubers of Illigera aromatica. The structures of 1–4 were identified by HRESIMS, 1D and 2D NMR, and electronic circular di ...