Jump to Main Content
- Choi, Yoon Kyung
- Archives of pharmacal research 2017 v.40 no.12 pp. 1433-1442
- astrocytes; blood vessels; endothelial cells; epithelium; gene expression; glucose transporters; humans; hypoxia; hypoxia-inducible factor 1; messenger RNA; precipitin tests; protein kinase C; protein synthesis; retina; secretion; small interfering RNA; transfection; vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2; vascular endothelial growth factors
- ... Treatment of human retinal microvascular endothelial cells (HRMECs) with vascular endothelial growth factor 165 (VEGF₁₆₅) increased hypoxia-inducible factor 1α (HIF-1α), VEGF, and glucose transporter 1 (Glut-1) mRNA expression and Glut-1 protein localization to the membrane. In contrast, treatment of human retinal pigment epithelium cells with VEGF₁₆₅ did not induce HIF-1α, VEGF, and Glut-1 gene e ...
- Bae, Eun Ju
- Archives of pharmacal research 2017 v.40 no.12 pp. 1380-1389
- adiposity; animal models; chromatin; genomics; gluconeogenesis; glucose tolerance; glucose transporters; glycolysis; homeostasis; insulin secretion; longevity; mammals; neoplasms; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; obesity; pathophysiology; skeletal muscle; triacylglycerols
- ... Sirtuin 6 (SIRT6), one of the seven members of mammalian sirtuin family, localizes in the nucleus and primarily regulates chromatin signaling and genomic integrity. Recent studies established the critical role of SIRT6 in the pathophysiology of metabolic disease, as well as its roles in longevity and cancer. These roles that were determined by genetic studies include promoting pancreatic insulin s ...