Jump to Main Content
- Takada, Ayato, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Archives of virology 2017 v.162 no.8 pp. 2363-2367
- DNA; DNA-directed RNA polymerase; Orf virus; contagious ecthyma; farms; genes; goats; phylogeny; polymerase chain reaction; viruses; zoonoses; Zambia
- ... Orf or contagious ecthyma is a neglected and economically important zoonotic disease caused by a dermatotropic parapoxvirus that commonly affects domestic small ruminants. Although orf is globally distributed, there is a paucity of information on the disease in many African countries. Here, a suspected severe outbreak of orf in goats at a farm in Lusaka was investigated. Orf virus (ORFV) infection ...
- Takada, Ayato, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Archives of virology 2017 v.162 no.4 pp. 1051-1056
- Bovine leukemia virus; DNA; cows; dairy cattle; enzootic bovine leukosis; enzootic diseases; financial economics; genes; genotype; herds; phylogeny; polymerase chain reaction; Zambia
- ... Bovine leukemia virus (BLV) causes enzootic bovine leucosis (EBL) and is responsible for substantial economic losses in cattle globally. However, information in Africa on the disease is limited. Here, based on clinical, hematological, pathological and molecular analyses, two clinical cases of EBL were confirmed in a dairy cattle herd in Zambia. In contrast, proviral DNA was detected by PCR in five ...