Jump to Main Content
- Takada, Ayato, et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Archives of virology 2009 v.154 no.9 pp. 1517-1522
- Influenza A virus; avian influenza; genes; monitoring; phylogeny; viruses; water birds; Asia; Eurasia; Europe; Zambia
- ... We characterized an influenza virus isolated from a great white pelican in Zambia. Phylogenetic analysis showed that all of its gene segments belonged to the Eurasian lineage and that they appear to have evolved in distinct geographical regions in Europe, Asia, and Africa, suggesting reassortment of virus genes maintained in wild aquatic birds whose flyways overlap across these continents. It is n ...
- Takada, Ayato, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Archives of virology 2008 v.153 no.11 pp. 2041-2048
- Influenza A virus; amino acid sequences; antiserum; avian influenza; chickens; epitopes; genes; genetic techniques and protocols; hemagglutinins; lethal dose; mice; monoclonal antibodies; phylogeny; viruses; water birds; Asia
- ... In order to prepare H5N1 influenza virus vaccine, the hemagglutinins (HAs) of 14 H5 virus isolates from water birds in Asia were antigenically and genetically analyzed. Phylogenetic analysis of the H5 HA genes revealed that 13 isolates belong to Eurasian and the other one to North American lineages. Each of the deduced amino acid sequences of the HAs indicated a non-pathogenic profile. Antigenic a ...