Jump to Main Content
- Li, Linlin; Pesavento, Patricia A.; Gaynor, Anne M.; Duerr, Rebecca S.; Phan, Tung Gia; Zhang, Wen; Deng, Xutao; Delwart, Eric
- Archives of virology 2015 v.160 no.8 pp. 2105-2109
- circular DNA, etc ; Gyrovirus; amino acid sequences; chickens; genome; metagenomics; nucleotide sequences; phylogeny; seabirds; sequence analysis; spleen; tissues; uropygial gland; California; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... We characterized the genome of a highly divergent gyrovirus (GyV8) in the spleen and uropygial gland tissues of a diseased northern fulmar (Fulmarus glacialis), a pelagic bird beached in San Francisco, California. No other exogenous viral sequences could be identified using viral metagenomics. The small circular DNA genome shared no significant nucleotide sequence identity, and only 38-42 % amino ...
- PubMed Central:
- Phan, Tung Gia; da Costa, Antonio Charlys; del Valle Mendoza, Juana; Bucardo-Rivera, Filemon; Nordgren, Johan; O’Ryan, Miguel; Deng, Xutao; Delwart, Eric
- Archives of virology 2016 v.161 no.4 pp. 959-966
- circular DNA, etc ; Camelus dromedarius; Pan troglodytes; children; diarrhea; digestive system; feces; foods; fungi; genome; humans; metagenomics; microbiome; pathogens; plants (botany); polymerase chain reaction; proteins; seals; single-stranded DNA; ssDNA viruses; swine; Chile; Nicaragua; Peru; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... Viral metagenomics of feces collected from 58 Peruvian children with unexplained diarrhea revealed several small circular ssDNA genomes. Two genomes related to sequences previously reported in feces from chimpanzees and other mammals and recently named smacoviruses were characterized and then detected by PCR in 1.7 % (1/58) and 19 % (11/58) of diarrheal samples, respectively. Another three genomes ...
- PubMed Central: