Jump to Main Content
- Piotrowska, Iwona; Szczepkowska, Bożena; Szczepkowski, Mirosław; Kozłowski, Michał
- Archiwum rybactwa polskiego = 2018 v.26 no.2 pp. 111-120
- Acipenser oxyrinchus; Artemia; body weight; feed formulation; fish; larvae; live feeds; rearing; specific growth rate
- ... The aim of the study was to determine the optimum timing of the first feeding of live and formulated feeds and its impact on the survival and growth of larval Atlantic sturgeon, Acipenser oxyrinchus Mitchill, reared in recirculating systems. The first experiment compared the rearing effects on larvae that were provided live feed (Artemia sp.) at first feeding on 6, 9, and 12 days post hatch (DPH). ...
- Ulikowski, Dariusz; Chybowski, Łucjan
- Archiwum rybactwa polskiego = 2018 v.26 no.2 pp. 141-147
- Astacus astacus; Orconectes; Pacifastacus leniusculus; body length; body weight; crayfish; females; lakes; males; new species; traps; Poland
- ... Crayfish catches were conducted using traps in Lake Hańcza, which is the deepest lake in Poland. Two crayfish populations were found to co-exist in the lake: spiny-cheek crayfish (Orconectes limosus Raf.) and signal crayfish (Pacifastacus leniusculus Dana), which is a new species for this lake. Signal crayfish dominated the samples at 98.5% of the specimens caught. The crayfish occurred at depths ...